Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chomping at the Bit

I'm feeling anxious lately about getting things ready for the new babies. I want to get the cribs out and put them together; go through the baby clothes, wash them, put them away in the dresser; wash the baby car seat covers; etc. I keep telling myself to calm down and relax. We don't even know if we are having boys or girls or one of each yet. We still have MONTHS to go! I think this is the OCD part of me coming out. I want to be ready now, even though I know we still have a long time to wait.

I have a bunch of other craft projects that I want to work on, including repurposing some maternity shirts from winter to summer wear. But somehow I can't get myself motivated to do those other things. And so, I do nothing. I crack myself up! (Now, you understand by nothing I mean, taking care of my kids, house, church calling, etc. I can't actually do nothing.)

Morning sickness is lessening lately - I'm 14 weeks pregnant today. But I've actually been throwing up more lately. I guess I better ask the doctor if that is a bad thing when I see him. My hunger is continuing to increase, but food is still not looking too good. I have, however, managed to eat a little red meat lately. This is a miracle, of sorts! I ate one piece of tri tip on Sunday and had a hamburger for lunch yesterday. And it tasted so good! Granted, my stomach felt really funky after both, but I did keep them down. Wahoo!

2 comments:

madbug said...

I love it Lydia! Congrats! I am so excited for you!!!

Alli said...

Holy Cow! Had do catch up on your blog a little bit. Another set of twins - that's awesome! I'm so excited for you. Glad you're hitting an easier stretch in your pregnancy. If you don't love being pregnant, twins are a great 2 for 1 deal, huh? You'll do great!!