Monday, April 19, 2010

Blue Moon

On Saturday we purchased our first minivan! It's a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country. I'm so excited! We found it at a used car sale hosted by our credit union. We initially intended to buy a foreign made minivan, but they tend to be more expensive. The minivan selection at the sale wasn't that big, and we stumbled across this lovely car by luck. It was a good deal, and only has 50,000 miles on it. I don't know about other parts of the country, but it's hard to find cars with low mileage in this area.

When we first looked at the minivan, it was missing a couple of the seats. We asked the sales guy if they had all of the seats, and he had to go ask someone else because he is not familiar with this type of vehicle. To our amazement--and my joy--this van has stow-and-go seats. The seats all fold down into the floor! The sales guys were really amused at how excited I was about this feature. The van also happens to have a DVD player, which is a nice plus for long trips with the kids. I have already laid down the law, though, that we will not be watching movies while we drive around town. Does that stop the kids from asking to watch a movie every time we get in the new car? Of course not!

We took the van for a test drive and then drove it around the lot to check out our other options. In the end, we decided to go ahead and buy it. I breathed a huge sigh of relief. At least I know that once these babies arrive I'll have a way to transport my whole family anywhere we need to go. The new minivan is a light, silvery blue, so Tobin has named it Blue Moon. This is a whole new world for us. Tobin would rather have purchased an SUV, but I didn't want to pay more for the vehicle and the gas right now. Maybe a few years down the road when we are independently wealthy . . . .

1 comment:

Cami said...

You will love having a minivan! I was hesitant, but knew it was the better option. It has way more storage, plus more room up front for food, etc when you go on trips. Brandon was more excited than I was for all the room, especially when we moved mattresses and other furniture in it. Let us know...