Friday, April 2, 2010

Our News

Well friends, I promised that I would explain my infrequent blog posting lately. I think you've waited long enough.

We have a big surprise to share.


Are you ready?



We are expecting another set of twins!! They are due October 21, 2010. Chances are good that they will really be born a few weeks before that, though.

This pregnancy has been pretty rough so far. We did IVF again in early February. As part of the process, I have to take a number of medications. One of them happens to be a daily injection of progesterone in oil. It seems that I am allergic to something about this medication. In the past, I've had itching at the injection site when I used it. This time I had major allergic reactions. The doctor changed the type of oil three different times trying to find something that I was not allergic to. We finally settled on olive oil, since it caused the fewest/least scary reactions. As a result, I've been on Benadryl pretty consistently for about two months. My allergic reactions have ranged from itching at the injection site to huge welts at the injection site to swelling throat and tongue to itching throat and tongue to hives to muscle aches. Seriously. I'm not even exaggerating. I got to finish taking the shots last week, and the allergic reactions are finally starting to diminish. I'm hoping to be a normal (pregnant) person who doesn't take Benadryl every day very soon.

Additionally, I had a bit of bleeding at six weeks, and was put on bed rest for about two weeks. Strangely, the timing was almost exactly the same as the bleeding I had when I was pregnant with Peyton and Maryam. Weird! The doctor was concerned about one of the babies for a bit, but at our last ultrasound everything looked fine. The women in our ward were fabulous about taking care of us while I was on bed rest. And my sister-in-law and her mom were fabulous as well. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people who care about us!

I have another ultrasound next week--just a regular check up with the nurse practitioner. After that appointment I will be passed along to my regular OB GYN. We will get to find out the sex of the babies in early June. Stay tuned!

So far the regular pregnancy symptoms have been pretty normal. Of course, I'm sick to my stomach. But I haven't done much throwing up, so that is a blessing! I'm seriously tired! And the past two weeks I've become VERY, VERY hungry! I'm hoping that food becomes appetizing to me again soon. It's really hard to make myself eat when the food isn't really appealing. Overall, I think I may have lost a pound or two so far, but I'm expecting that trend to turn around pretty quickly.

So, that's my story . . . and I'm sticking to it! I'll post some ultrasound pictures soon. They're not too exciting thus far. But next week's pictures should look more like babies than blobs, I think.

5 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I know you've wanted this for a while and Chris and I are thrilled. I can't wait for the next post with pictures!

Kirsty said...

Oh my word! That is so exciting! Congratulations to you all. I am so sorry about all you've been through, hoping the rest of the pregnancy goes a lot easier on you!

Cami said...

Holy Cow that's exciting! What a miracle and blessing for your family. I am sooo happy for you. You have to keep us all posted through your blog! Congrats!

Julie said...

Congrats!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful! :)

Amz said...

As you know, I couldn't be more thrilled for you! You are one blessed woman! I hope you are feeling much, much better by now. Can't wait to see what you are having!