Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Completed DIY Project

The guest room is finally finished! We installed the baseboards, changed out the outlet covers and light switch, and put all of the furniture back yesterday. It is so nice to have a usable room again! And just in time to have Trenton and Kristyn spend the night tonight! Whew!

I know the green is a little bright. I chose the color because we are planning to move Peyton and Maryam into this room in a few months when everything comes together with their twin beds. I am planning to make them bedspreads out of some fun, bright fabric that will coordinate with the wall color. Here begins the next part of the project, since I have not yet found or purchased the fabric or started the blankets. I am also working on decorations to hang on the walls and curtains to put on the window. I have some Anne Geddes pictures to go on Maryam's side, and I want to find something to do with sports or cars/trains/airplanes for Peyton's side.

Nevertheless, here are a couple pictures. . . .




2 comments:

nyn said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I think the new room looks wonderful. You are always so crafty. And HOLY COW scary about the cabinet. I hope you have a great new year!! LOVE YOU!!

Cami said...

Why did I not know you had a blog? Did I miss something? I am so happy that you do though. When you commented on mine I thought I would go to your profile to see if you started a blog yet, and sure enough...
By the way, I like the green and can't wait to see what you do with the room for the cute kiddos.