Monday, December 1, 2008

World's Cutest Kids! (at least I think so . . . )

Maryam and Peyton do and say the cutest things, and I usually forget to write them down. So I want to record a couple of their cute sayings today. This was our first day back to work after the week long, heavenly Thanksgiving break. I had to drop them off at the sitter's house at 7 this morning and leave them all day while I was at work.

After work, I came to pick up the kids. My friend Liz is our daycare provider. She is fabulous! She also happens to be deaf, so my kids are learning to be binlingual. We got our shoes and coats on and were ready to walk out the door. Maryam looked at Liz and said and signed, "Thanks we coming you house. This is wonderful!" And she said it with such a fervent, sincere tone from the depths of her heart. So cute! I had to give Wolf and Liz the translation, and we all cracked up. What a sweetie! Maryam has observed that Liz and I converse by signing, moving our mouths, and not talking. She has now started to try to carry on her own conversations with Liz. She will move her hands as if signing, though much of her motions are made up by her, and move her mouth as if she is mouthing words. It is so funny! I love that she wants to be so grown up to talk with Liz on her own.

Peyton, you may not know, has a serious drinking problem. :) He would rather drink a few cups of milk than eat something when he is hungry. He downed an entire sippy full of water before dinner, so I was afraid he was not going to eat much at all. But he did decently with his taquitos--his request for dinner tonight. When he was about 3/4 of the way through his food, he looked at me and said, "Whew! I thirsty!" I had planned to withhold any more drink options until he was finished eating, but how could I say no to that? Adorable!

Peyton does not like to stand around waiting while I chat on our way out the door. Lately, if he is ready to go, he will grab my hand or clothes and drag me out the door. He is really strong. A couple of times he has forced me to leave church, pulling me by the skirt. I always end up giggling uncontrollably, which is the main reason I can't stop him. Today at Liz's house he picked up my purse and started chanting, "Let's go! Let's go!" Then he headed for the door without me.

1 comment:

nyn said...

Adorable!! Kids say and do the cutest things :)