Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Cuties

I just have to share a few of the cute things my kids have said over the past couple of days. They never cease to amaze me.

This morning I was sitting on the 2nd to the last stair in our house putting on my shoes. Peyton came over and asked me to scoot over so he could sit by me. He sat down, leaned his head against me, and said, "Best friends!" I could have melted right there!

Peyton woke up first from nap time today. After a few minutes he decided that he wanted Maryam to be awake too. I told him to go check on her to see if she was up. A couple minutes later they came into my room together and announced that they wanted to go to Old McDonald's for dinner. I told them that we could go another time but not tonight. The response? Peyton (using his man voice) said, "We go by ourselves. Daddy will take us." So there you have it.

I've been trying to potty train both Maryam and Peyton lately. It's tough work! Peyton is actually getting the hang of it most of the time (except #2). Maryam doesn't really want to use the potty. I think it has more to do with not wanting to do what Mom wants her to do. I'm really scared that she has this teenage attitude already! Anyway, today I was trying again to convince her to use the potty. She said, "Mom, the potty is not for kids!"

Maryam has been clingy when I've tried to leave her at Nursery and preschool this week. Today, I finally had to let the preschool mom hold her back while I left. When I returned she informed me that she was sad when I left. She said, "I was really worried about you." Oh so cute!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I love the cute things our kids say. Melts your heart...

Julie said...

I hate potty training!! I'm just starting with Ryan and already dreading what is to come.

Tara said...

The things kids say are so cute! Quincy is a defiant little guy and I dreaded potty training him....but I kept my cool and pretended like I didn't care whether he did it or not! It worked! Good luck!

Alli said...

So sweet! It's good to write those things down. We always think we'll remember, but we won't remember most of them if we don't record it somewhere.

nyn said...

Wow, potty training?! What a chore. With Elise, who sounds a lot like Maryam at that age, I finally just threw my hands up and figured - well she has to be potty trained by the time she goes to Kindergarten, and she was. I think she was three and a half when the miracle finally occured. I love all the adorable things that you have recorded the kids saying. You will be so glad you did. I know my kids used to say cute things but now...well okay sometimes they still do amidst the whining and complaining :)

Erin Bingham said...

Too cute! I feel your pain with potty training. I think it is one of the things I loathe most in life, and you get to do 2 at once. That might send me right over the edge. Love your posts. Wish you could go to NY, but I completely understand. Not like it was short notice or anything.