Monday, December 22, 2008

Two-Year-Olds . . . Frustrating, Yet Funny

My kids go back and forth between being easy to put to bed and very difficult. Some nights we lay them down, and they are asleep in minutes. Other nights we spend hours chasing or carrying them back to their room. Last night proved to be a difficult night. Maryam would wander down the stairs, with Peyton creeping just behind her. Over and over, I put them back in bed. Finally, they didn't reappear, and I thought we had won the battle. At 11:30ish I went upstairs to get ready for bed. As I came to the top of the stairs I could see that the kids' bedroom light was on and I could hear them talking. I walked into their room and found them both sitting in Peyton's bed with their blankies. I asked, "What are you doing?" Their reply . . . "We're just talking!" I had to laugh out loud. What on earth do two-year-olds have to discuss that is keeping them up so late at night???

3 comments:

Julie said...

Discussing the wonders of the universe, no doubt! How cute!

Julie said...

Lock them in the room with child door knob lock things on the inside of the door. That's what I do, but maybe you're a nicer mom than me. =)

Alli said...

Politics, religion, art and literature is my guess.
As far as keeping them in their room at night, bungee cords don't work at all, so don't even bother going there.