Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Sunday 12/21/08

Today I dressed the kids in their Christmas outfits to wear to church. When I was little, we always got a new outfit for Christmas and Easter. It was something I looked forward to each year. I want to continue that tradition with my children too. So far, it's working out well. Peyton and Maryam both looked smashing in their outfits that I helped them pick. Ok, really I coerced Maryam into buying the dress she has. In fact, I had to buy her another dress too, since she wanted something pink. My excuse for the 2nd dress is that she can wear it to my brother's wedding in January. It might have to be her Easter dress too. Peyton had no choice since I was shopping alone when I bought his.

As it turns out, Maryam loves her Christmas dress. As soon as she had it on she said, "I'm a princess!" Then she asked me where her crown was. Her play crown is purple, and there was no way I was going to show up to church with her in a red dress wearing a purple plastic crown. Luckily, I have no idea where her crown is. But to my amazement, she wasn't referring to her toy crown after all. She was asking for the headband we bought to match her dress. I took pictures before church, just in case. But we made it home without getting our clothes dirty! Yahoo! At church, any time someone would tell Maryam she looked pretty she would reply, "I'm a princess!"

Peyton was his usual handsome, debonaire self. He is so calm and sweet. Daddy combed his hair to look like a handsome boy--mousse and all! He really enjoyed the music at church today. (There was a lot more music than usual.) And Tobin reports that Peyton was singing with the congregation while I was in the hallway with his wiggly, noisy sister. Peyton likes his Christmas outfit so much he didn't even want to change into play clothes when we got home from church.


We are all super excited for Christmas Day. I can't wait to see the kids open their presents. There were a lot of new presents under the tree this morning, so they thought Santa must have been here last night. Oops! Sorry kids, Mommy and Daddy just finally got around to wrapping your presents.
Looking at the Christmas tree.


Maryam and Peyton dancing together. They are too cute!


Silly Faces

2 comments:

nyn said...

Your kids are so so so cute. I love the outfits. This sounds like a wonderful tradition. I love to hear what other people do for Christmas. I have been thinking a lot about you lately. This time of year reminds me of when we lived there and I was going through all my cancer drama. You were and are such a wonderful friend. When I look back at that time and the struggles I had I am truly grateful to you for helping me get through. Love you Lydia :)

Tara said...

The kids look sooo cute! Love the little tree too.