Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Half Way . . . plus a little

I am almost 20 weeks pregnant--it's official on Thursday. For a singleton pregnancy, this is the half way point. For me, 18-19 weeks is the half way point. Twins are considered full term at 36 weeks, and my doctor assured me today that if I have not had them by 38 weeks, he will induce me. Woo hoo! Time finally seems to be moving a bit faster.

The good news today is that both babies are looking great, and I actually gained some weight. In fact, I gained five pounds in the last two weeks. Yikes! (Though, I'm only up seven pounds overall.) The doctor said I don't need to go looking for extra calories now, just eat what sounds good and doesn't make me queasy. Morning sickness is improving all the time. I'm hoping it will be completely gone very soon. But I've been hoping that for a while . . . .

I started having Braxton Hicks contractions last week. My doctor told me today that it's normal to feel them earlier during a second or subsequent pregnancy because you recognize the feeling. I remember when I was pregnant with Peyton and Maryam the doctor asked me something about feeling Braxton Hicks contractions and I told him I hadn't felt any. He said, "You're having one right now." What a surprise!

This Friday is the big ultrasound where we (hopefully) will find out the babies' genders. I'm really excited! I'm such a planner! I really hope the babies cooperate so I can get going full swing on getting everything ready for them. I want to get clothes washed and ready, get cribs set up, decide if I need/want to make new quilts for them, make car seat cover things (so people can't just reach in to touch your baby), etc. Who knows how many projects I'll actually finish before they arrive. I'm working on some gifts for other moms/babies too. And of course there are the myriad non-baby-related projects that I have planned or started but never finished. I'm also toying with the idea of trying to get Peyton and Maryam's lives scrapped before the new babies are born. I have not scrapbooked one single picture of their lives yet. It's tragic and shameful, really. Oh well, what's a mom to do, right? Shoot, maybe I'll just wait a few more years on the scrapbooks and let them do it for themselves. :)

Stay tuned for exciting pictures later this week. I may have some completed projects to show you. And there will definitely be new ultrasound pictures in a few days!

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Sooo exciting! I can't wait to see/hear. Congratulations on making it this far. Morning sickness is so brutal. I can't imagine it x2.

Unknown said...

Hi Lydia! I'm excited to come back at the end of the week! Hey, in terms of the scrapbooking thing, think about this:
https://www.memory-works.com/admin/images/site/Sping10Catalog_SS.pdf -
you can order the page protectors from other places, but I think the idea of having divided protectors is super cool. There are other examples out there, but these people have actually designed a set that gave me some ideas...good luck with your projects!

Julie said...

Yeah! So excited to hear what you're having! Keep us posted...