Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm Losing It!

I think I may have officially lost my mind! I know, it's a pregnancy thing. But I didn't seem to gain many brain cells back after the last pregnancy. This could be a bad thing. Luckily, I have a calendar in my cell phone that remembers all of the important things for me. If it ever dies, I'm in big trouble!

Here's my latest example of my lack of brain power . . .
My sister-in-law's baby shower was this past Saturday in Utah. Of course, I couldn't be at the shower, but I did make a couple things to send to her. I am super excited for her to receive them, and had her gift completed in plenty of time to mail it for the shower. However, every single day last week, I forgot to go to the post office. How does that happen? Every night I would see the gift sitting in my living room and think about what point in the day I would go to the post office the next day. Then each day, I would not think about it one time. I finally mailed the packaged this Monday. I missed the shower!

I had a baby gift ready to send to a friend in Utah as well. So Monday, I finally could keep it in my head to get to the post office. I planned to use the priority mailing boxes at the post office to send the gifts. When I got there, I realized that I didn't bring any packing tape, and I didn't know if the post office would let me use some. The line was huge on Monday, so I started the wait to find out if they had tape. Then, I noticed some tape for sale with the other packaging items. Lucky me! So I went back to the little counter, packed up the two gifts in separate boxes, and taped them closed. Then I realized that I was still holding the cards. Duh! I taped one to the top of the box and shoved the other under the flap.

I waited in line again and finally made it to the window. The very kind post office employee told me that if I used a different box I could save a lot of money. I was so grateful! I got the boxes she suggested, and was actually glad to make the switch so I could put the cards inside this time. I switched the gifts to the new boxes, taped them closed, and realized that again, I failed to put the cards inside the boxes. Seriously?!?! Two times in a row? I will cut myself a bit of slack, since I was also trying to keep track of my two active four-year-olds. But really I should be a bit more together than this.

I will post pictures of the gifts and some other projects I recently finished, but I want to wait a couple more days. I don't want to spoil the surprise if one of these ladies reads my blog post before she receives her package. Let's just hope I got the addresses on the boxes correctly. My sister-in-law is having a boy and my friend had a girl. I will be so embarassed if I mixed up their gifts! (Girls, if I did mix it up, please let me know so we can arrange an exchange!)

3 comments:

Cami said...

WOW, Lyida!
I was so surprised and excited to find the sweet package from you. I absolutley LOVE the blanket (yes, it's girly!) Like you don't have anything better to do with your time than make me a blanket? You are the best.
Sorry your mind is being messed with. Apparently it takes a lot of brain cells to make babies! I think you're doing awesome - you are super woman to me!

Julie said...

Some days are like that. So sorry! With my last pregnancy I'd find myself driving in the car forgetting where I was going. Talk about crazy! At least you made it TO the Post Office without calling your husband to ask where you were headed! ;) Hang in there!

Sarah E said...

At least you have the excuse of pregnancy! I am just having early dementia or something!