Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bad Day Turned Out Good

I have been sick for about four weeks now. It started as a regular cold. I got better for two days about a week ago and thought I had finally kicked this bug. Then it came back with a vengeance. I now have an ear infection that I think started as a sinus infection. Needless to say, I feel awful! I had to go back to work today, and I was not really happy about working while sick. Peyton and Maryam were not happy about being dropped off at the babysitter's house, and especially not happy about their new dog. (My kids are deathly afraid of live animals.) My babysitter is very sick, and I was really worried about leaving my kids there with her not feeling well and them distraught. I had to come back a few hours later to take the kids to preschool because the babysitter was too sick to drive. Poor girl!

In the mean time I went to school to find that one of my final exams was stolen by a student in my first period last Friday. There was a sub tending my class that day while I was at my brother's wedding, so I was not there to be my usual crazy/cranky teacher self. The VP told me that I shouldn't have been absent during finals week, and basically implied that it was my fault the test was stolen. By the time I got to preschool I was nearly in tears for the second time today. The day was shaping up to be REALLY awful!

At preschool, two of the other moms asked what was wrong and promptly offered their help. One of them took my kids home with her after preschool so my babysitter could rest and recouperate and I could stay at work. They both followed up with another offer of help later in the day. I am so blessed to have such kind, giving, selfless friends! It was a really rough day, but the Lord still saw fit to show me his tender mercies in the wonderful women I know. I am inspired to be a better person.

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Hey Lydia! It's Ann Marie Ipson. Do you remember me? Anyway, I think I found this blog from Facebook, not sure.
I love this post! I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Those are not fun! You've reminded me though that it's so important to find blessings even on days like this, which is very hard to do!
I'm glad that you had friends that were so willing to help out, how nice! I hope things have gotten better! Have a great day!

nyn said...

I am glad you are surrounded by such loving a supportive people. It is because you are that way yourself. I hope you are over all your illnesses. Love you.