Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

I didn't take any pictures to document it, but we had a wonderful weekend!

Friday night I had an impromptu girls night.  It was so much fun!  We had to park far away from the restaurant and hurry through a downpour, but that seemed to make it more fun.  It was such a treat for me to be out of the house to do something fun all by myself!  Thanks, girls!

On Saturday evening we drove to my uncle and aunt's house in Modesto to spend the night.  It was so fun to be there and just relax.  They are great at being a grandma and grandpa.  Our kids had fun watching movies and playing with their toys.  It was so nice to catch up and get a dose of Wasden.  We had a long night, since little Natalie didn't sleep much.  That meant that Mommy and Daddy didn't sleep much either.  Usually we would check her diaper, make sure she was ok, and just let her cry it out.  But we didn't want to keep everyone in the house awake all night, so we were up with Natalie trying to keep her quiet.

Sunday morning we got to hear my cousin Tyler report on his mission in their ward's Sacrament Meeting.  We also got to hear him speak in a Spanish branch a little later.  Uncle Roy spoke after Tyler in their ward.  I think Tobin and I both enjoyed going to church without having any responsibilities.  It was so nice to feel the spirit and enjoy family.  After church, we had lunch with Aunt Linda and Tyler.  Uncle Roy got a break in meetings and we got to see him again for a few more minutes.

After lunch we headed home and had our monthly extended Family Home Evening with my parents and siblings via computer.  I miss my family so much!  This weekend was really nice to have some time with them, in person and through the blessing of technology.

No comments: