Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Look

I've been thinking about cutting my hair a lot shoter for several months.  I finally got the nerve to do it and made an appointment.  This morning I was so nervous about it I thought I might throw up.  I almost cancelled the appointment.  But I told myself to suck it up; it's just hair, it will grow back.

So I went through with it.  I LOVE the results!



My kids were at a friend's house while I was getting my hair done.  When I picked them up, Braden started crying as soon as he heard my voice.  I picked him up, and he continued wailing.  He would not be calmed until my sister-in-law held him.  I tried to take Natalie from my SIL, but she didn't want me either.  Peyton says I look sort of like a boy.  Maryam says my hair looks nice.  She might think about cutting hers the same way too.  Tobin loves my new look too.  (He has to, though, right!?!?)  I'm amused at the varied reactions of my family.  I think the babies have finally gotten used to my new hair tonight.  We will see what happens in the morning after a full night's sleep to forget again.

I was really getting tired of my longer hair, and it seemed to always be in a ponytail.  I'm really excited about this new 'do! 

3 comments:

Cami said...

Darling, Lydia! Glad you went through with it. Love your newsletter and catching up with you. You all look so great! You are a fabulous mama.

Julie said...

It is SUPER cute!!

jan said...

So cute. Very flattering. I enjoyed your newsletter. Thanks for remembering us! Happy to New Year to you and your sweet family.