Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas Projects

My sister-in-law inspired me to do mostly hand made gifts for Christmas this year.  I found tons of great ideas on Pinterest!  Here are pictures of the things I made as gifts this year.  I think I'll do things a little differently next year, so that the kids can be more involved in the gift giving (and making).  I had so much fun making all of these, though!

a skirt for my niece
an apron for my brother-in-law

a wall hanging for my sister-in-law

a wall hanging for my sister

abc book for my niece


menu board for my sister-in-law

army wife bag and clutch for my sister-in-law

matching pajama pants for the whole family
(clearly I'm lacking some pictures here) 

dresses for the girls and ties for the boys
 Whew!  That was a lot of work!  I still have quiet books to finish up for the babies.  I intended for them to be Christmas presents, but they are taking way too long to finish!  I'll post pictures of them once they are done.  Maybe I'll finish them in time for Christmas this year.  :)  I'm also working on a quilt for my bed.  I really need to finish that soon.  Any ideas on how to machine quilt a large quilt on a regular sewing machine are welcome. 

2 comments:

Jer said...

These are amazing, Lydia! You have some lucky family with all these beautiful, handmade gifts! :)

Anna Walther-Whiteley said...

Pretty much we love our gifts. I had to watch my wall hanging all day at mom's house after I opened it. All the sister-in-laws were wanting to sneak it out.
And Jade loves her new book. It is perfect for her right now. Though it mostly gets chewed on right now. :) lol. Thanks so much for the awesome gifts!