Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unexpected Preschool Interruption

We do a co-op style preschool with some other moms and kids from church.  It's my turn to teach preschool this month, so yesterday the four kids were sitting around my dining room table, workbooks ready, pencils out.  I began the directions for their workbook page, when Maryam said, "Oh, sorry.  My phone is ringing."  She proceeded to pull an old cell phone we let them play with from her pocket and answer it!  I explained to her that it is against the rules to use a cell phone at school and that I would have to take her cell phone away if she used it anymore.  She put the phone back in her pocket and we continued with our lesson.  A few minutes later she said, "Oops!  I forgot to turn off my phone.  It's ringing again."  I told her that when I was teaching high school, if a student used their cell phone I would take it away from them; so she better not use her phone again!  What a precocious little girl!  Thankfully, she got the message the second time and we didn't have another cell phone ringing in class.

The similarities between teaching preschool and teaching high school are uncanny, don't you think?

No comments: