Monday, April 11, 2011

Time Flies

I know I have lots to catch up on again, but it's not going to happen tonight.  I guess maybe I'll be a better blogger again next year.  Right now I'm just trying to soak up every minute with my kids.  The babies are growing so fast!  It seems they change every day.  They are now six months olds, and I really have no idea where that time went.  Natalie has two bottom teeth already!  Braden seems to be teething, but nothing has broken the surface yet.  His favorite thing to chew on is anything fabric.  I'm not really sure why.  He is mildly interested in teething toys, but really prefers cloth.

Braden and Natalie had their six month well check last Friday.  Braden is now 14 lbs 6 oz and 26 1/4 inches long.  He can roll from front to back and almost from back to front.  He is intense and really loves his mama.  He is not shy about letting me know that he wants me to play with him or pick him up.  Natalie is now 13 lbs 2 oz and 26 inches long.  She can also roll from front to back easily.  She probably could roll from back to front if she wanted to, but she doesn't really like tummy time much.  Natalie is very happy and loves to babble.  She is generally pretty calm and sweet.  And she gives very cute, slobbery, open mouthed kisses!


 Natalie

Braden

Peyton and Maryam turned 5 on March 27th.  We had a HUGE friend party--their first ever.  I didn't really consider putting a cap on the number of children we invited, and when the list was 19 kids long, I never dreamed they would all be able to come to the party.  In the end, we had 17 kids between 4 and 6 years old, and 4 babies.  Not to mention a few parents and grandparents . . .   Needless to say, we had a full house!  Luckily, the rainy weather cleared in the middle of the party, and we were able to go outside to let the kids break the pinata.  Otherwise it would have just remained as a party decoration.  I think all the kids had a great time, and Peyton and Maryam got so many fun presents.


Maryam's Ariel cake 



Peyton's Baseball cake (not sure why I can't get the picture to rotate)

There's a bit of a story behind Peyton's cake.  He initially wanted a cake with many different kinds of balls on it--all different types of sports.  So I was going to make cupcakes and decorate them as different balls.  The day before I made the cakes, Peyton told me that he wanted a baseball player on his cake.  I decided to switch the plan and make him a regular cake so that we could include a baseball player with many other types of balls.  The night before the party I was decorating the cakes, with help from my sister-in-law, Kristyn, my mother-in-law, and my friend Sue.  Peyton decided then that he also wanted a pitcher on the cake, and didn't really care about the other balls.  Thank goodness Sue brought over some fondant!  I was able to make stick people with that for the new baseball themed cake.

 Attempting to break the pinata.  I think every child got a least three turns hitting that thing.  They make sturdy pinatas these days!


Speech! 
With a bit of coaching from Tobin, they both thanked their friends for coming before opening their presents. 

We are so blessed!  Every time I start to feel down about life's challenges, I'm reminded of how much we have!  Heavenly Father is truly so good to our family!  I'm so thankful for our wonderful friends and family.


3 comments:

Anna Walther-Whiteley said...

Looks like they had an awesome party. I wish we could have stayed longer and been there. Give them loves for us!
So glad we got to come spend some time with you!

madbug said...

I love this! I am hoping to be better by next Sunday! I miss seeing you guys and being at church. My progress is slow, but hopefully, not soon enough, I will be back to normal. I am really thankful for you and your dear sweet family. I can't wait to send you and Tobin out on a date while we take care of your sweet, adorable children!

Marissa said...

I'm sad we didn't get to celebrate their birthday with them! But it looks like supermom put on a super party. I hope I can be a mom like you!