Thursday, March 3, 2011

Caught Up . . . Mostly. . . and Baby Update

I think I'm caught up with posting about major events I missed.  I need to download pictures off the camera again so I can post about Valentine's Day.  And of course I need to post more pictures of the babies.  They are growing so fast!  I can't believe they will be five months old next week!

Here are the stats from their four month doctor appointment:
Braden:                       Natalie:
11 lbs 10 oz                10 lbs 3 oz
25 1/4 inches               23 1/4 inches
16 inch head                16 1/2 inch head

I guess they are a bit small for their age; they are low in the percentiles.  But their doctor thinks they are growing nicely so far.  They started eating oatmeal baby cereal about a month ago, and they love it!  They are consistently sleeping through the night, and I love that!  Natalie just started trying to give me kisses this week.  What a sweet girl!  She was struggling with lifting her head while on her tummy, but after just one visit to the physical therapist she is doing much better.  I think the PT will be pleased with Natalie's progress when we see her again in a couple of weeks.  Braden loves to smile and talk, but he seems to have a red-head temper too.  When he gets really mad, he sure lets us know by screaming. 

Both babies are trying to roll over.  Natalie is getting close to mastering the roll from tummy to back, especially since the momentum from her (large) head gives her an advantage.  Braden had one successful roll from back to front, but hasn't repeated that performance--maybe because he fell off the couch doing so.  I was nursing the babies, when Peyton yelled to me that the toilet was overflowing.  I quickly set the babies down on the couch and ran to contain the flood, while instructing Peyton and Maryam to bring towels as fast as they could.  We had just about cleaned up all the water when I heard a loud thump followed a second of two later by a loud wail.  I knew immediately what had happened.  Poor little Braden somehow rolled himself off the couch onto the floor.  He was not hurt, but he managed to scare himself--and me--quite well.  

Our days never seem to be dull, even if we don't get out of the house.  Four small children demand a lot of attention.  (I'm sure you already knew that, right?)  Tobin is working like crazy since it's busy season, and some days I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy.  Ah, parenthood!  What a life!  Seriously, though, I'm really enjoying being home with my kids full time.  That truly is a blessing.  Before I know it they will all be in school and I will have the rest of my life to work.  These years with young children are so precious!

1 comment:

Julie said...

One time when I was changing Emily's diaper she wet all over herself. Without thinking I picked her up and put her on the bed behind me so I could clean off the changing table, the edge of the bed! She rolled right off it! Good thing babies are made out of rubber, right?