Saturday, May 2, 2009

Filling My Lamp

I love to attend baptisms. This is the little epiphany I had today. Because of my service in Primary, I have had the opportunity to be compelled to attend many baptisms. Because of the number of siblings I have, I have been able to attend many more baptisms. Every time I go to one of these special services, I am overwhelmed by the spirit of the Lord that attends me. I am filled with His great love for me. Even though attending is sometimes a duty, I always benefit from being there. I love seeing the innocence and beauty in the eyes of the young children who are baptized at age eight. And I love to see the hope and joy in the eyes of the adults who are baptized once they learn the truth of the gospel. What a wonderful, beautiful ordinance that opens the door to salvation and eternal life with our Heavenly Father! I am so blessed by his Spirit and His love!

No comments: