Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sick Kids

I am home from work today with two sick kids. Maryam started with a fever on Saturday night. She was sick all day Sunday, still with a fever about 102 degrees. Her fever finally broke early Monday morning. We played with friends yesterday; then in the late afternoon her fever was back! I feel so bad that we exposed other kids. I thought once the fever was gone that she was well again. Late last night Peyton started with the fever. I was really hoping that we could contain the illness to just one person. I guess not! The difference between my two sick kids is amazing.

Maryam was very sweet and loving while she was really sick. She wanted to play and cuddle. She was really, really sweet, which is unusual for her. She is so full of spunk and spitfire, that it was a nice little change for us to see that side of her.

Peyton is a whiny, cranky sick kid. He is moaning and groaning, but can't tell me anything that will help him feel better. I feel so bad for him; he seems to be SO sick! When Peyton is well, he is generally very loving, sweet, loves to play; so it is strange to see him like this.

Needless to say, I hope we are done being sick very soon! I am supposed to teach preschool tomorrow and Friday. But we might have to cancel or postpone, at least for tomorrow's school day. Poor kids!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Miles has the fever today. Guess it's just going around. Hopefully a fever is the only thing involved...i'd rather do most things than clean up throw up! Uggggg!