Saturday, July 9, 2011

Family Time

We have enjoyed some awesome family time over the past few Saturdays.  Our Saturday usually involves a walk to the farmer's market, doing a few chores at home, and sometimes a swim in our community pool.  It's been so nice to spend time together as a family doing things at/near home.  We all love the time together!

We took the babies to the pool for the first time a couple Saturdays ago.  Since we went in the morning before it's really hot (and before the teenagers are out of bed), we had the pool all to ourselves.  That's my favorite!

Tobin and Braden

Peyton and Maryam

Lydia and Natalie

Braden, Maryam, Tobin, Peyton, Natalie

Braden - I don't think he is loving this!

Natalie - A sad bathing beauty!
I don't think the babies loved the pool, but hopefully they will decide to like it next time.  With four kids who can't swim independently, our pool adventures are limited to times when we have at least one other adult.  I'm not brave enough to try to manage four kids in the pool on my own, especially when two of them are infants.  Maryam and Peyton do really well and are quite independent with their life jackets on, but you never know what the other people in the pool are going to do.  I've had to pull them out of the way before they get run over by teenagers more than once in the past.

I'm hoping to get Peyton and Maryam into swim lessons this summer.  I better put that on my to do list for next week and hope that all of the session are not full yet.  If not, there's always next year, right?

No comments: