Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where Did a Month Go?

I feel like I posted pretty recently, but looking at the date of my last post, it's been a month. I'm not really sure where the time went, but in some ways I'm glad the time is going quickly. I'm now 29 weeks pregnant. My personal goal is to make it to 36 weeks; that's just 7 more weeks! I'm feeling a serious urge to pack my hospital bag, but I'm making myself hold off until at least the end of this week (30 weeks pregnant). There are still plenty of other little projects around the house that are calling my name, too. The one that seems most pressing to me lately is to clean out my closet. I'm not really sure why this is the most urgent thing to me, but I'll probably make it happen this week--if I can fit it in between naps. I'm feeling pretty good lately. I'm getting more tired and hungry all the time, though.

I've been working feverishly on Peyton and Maryam's baby books for the last couple of weeks. They each probably have ten pages done now. This is another nesting thing. My idea was to finish scrapbooking their first year before the next set of babies is born. I don't know if it will happen, but I'm definitely giving it some effort.

Last night my sister-in-law and my friend threw us a Baby BBQ. We had a good time hanging out with friends and family. They were so generous to bring us gifts, even though this is not our first pregnancy. I wasn't looking for people to bring presents, we just wanted to celebrate this huge event in our lives. We really have sweet family and friends here. I forgot to bring my camera, so we have no pictures to document the event. We had a name suggestion bowl and got some pretty funny entries. We also got a few serious ones. But somehow, we don't seem to be any closer to naming these babies. I'm not sure how that will all pan out. I guess by the time we leave the hospital with them we will have to decide on something.

Maryam and Peyton are being great helpers for me. They let me nap almost every day (while they watch a movie). I know it's not great parenting, but growing babies is hard work! We started reading Charlotte's Web together a few nights ago. They watched the movie two days in a row last week, so I thought I would introduce them to the book. We have been reading a chapter a night, and it's going great! Peyton, especially, is excited to read it each night. I love it! Charlotte's Web was one of my favorites as a child, and I love sharing it with my children now.

I'll try to get Tobin to take a picture of my belly tonight so I can post a current photo. I'm having maternity pictures taken in a couple of weeks, so hopefully there will be some good ones from that to post here as well.

1 comment:

Cami said...

You are a great mom, Lydia. I am amazed at all the projects you get done.
I LOVE talking about and hearing names. Do you share? I would love to hear what you're thinking.