Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Have Lost My Mind

I knew it would happen someday, but I thought it would be much later in my life. I just can't seem to get my mind back in gear lately. I had a week off from my babysitting gig for Thanksgiving. Breaks from work always throw me out of my routine, but usually I can get back on track pretty quickly. Well, the week after Thanksgiving was out of the norm as well because I went to Las Vegas with Tobin for a work conference (his work, not mine). I had three days of relaxing with no obligations or responsibilities . . . in the middle of the week!

This week, it's as if my mind has determined that it will stay on vacation permanently. I can't remember what day it is or what appointments I have. I know I'm forgetting things that need to be done. And today I took my twins to preschool 30 minutes early, without realizing that we were early until the mom who was teaching mentioned it. Oops! I'm so embarrassed! I don't know what is wrong with me. If I didn't know better, I would think I am pregnant. But I know better. I'm definitely NOT pregnant. What, then, is my excuse?

3 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Excuse? You need a longer vacation. STAT!

Tara said...

Kids are your excuse dear. I spent tons of time and effort getting my brother's present wrapped and jammed into a box to mail. Threw in a few goodies, ripping the wrapping paper in the process. Taped that baby shut and finally realized that my dad will be here to visit BEFORE Christmas and can hand deliver my box. Out everything came to make it look nicer. I would've freaked if I figured it all out after paying the post office to mail it. Kids, that's my excuse! :)

Alli said...

Don't know what to tell you - sometimes our brains just do that! I think it's from kids.