Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkins for My Punkins


On Saturday we went to G&M Farms in Livermore, CA, with the Croskeys (minus Wolf). They have a big pumpkin patch with lots of things for the kids to do. There are a few animals to see, a dried corn box (think sand box) to play in, a play structure, etc. This year there were even pony rides. We opted not to do this one because it cost money and Tobin and I weren't sure the kids would actually ride the horses once we paid the money.




The kids loved all the play time!

Maryam & Peyton
Sadie & Maryam
Shortly after we got home, Maryam asked if we were going to carve our pumpkins into Jack-o-Lanterns. I figured this day was as good as any. We drew on the faces first, then carved them with our pumpkin carving tools. I can't remember where I got those tools, but they are awesome! The kids were not thrilled about all the "goop" inside the pumpkin, so Tobin and I got to dig it all out. I kept teasing them that I was going to make goop soup for dinner!
Maryam's pumpkin all ready for carving
Peyton's pumpkin all ready for carving


Our finished Jack-o-Lanterns!

No comments: