Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Too Funny

I took dictation today for a letter from Maryam to her friend Taylor (a boy). In the letter she told him that she loves him and they should have a playdate soon. She also said, "You choose: friend or girlfriend. Circle one and mail it back to me."

Ha! Where did she learn that already? I'm sure I must have been at least 7 or 8 before I was writing "check the box" notes to my friends.

I did point out to her that she is not old enough to have a boyfriend yet. She said, "I know, Mom! We just like to play boyfriend and girlfriend." lol. Does that make it better??? I think I've got my work cut out for me here!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is too cute!

nyn said...

Wow, I think I was in fifth grade when I wrote a check the box note. But they start younger and younger. My 7 year old told Elise, almost 14 now, to look out the window, there was a guy out there with his shirt off looking good for her. I was looking at Adelle wondering if she was 7 or 17 when Elise said, Geez Adelle he is so old, he is like 20 or something. Love our kids!!