Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quick Update

Friday was our last "big" ultrasound for this pregnancy. Both babies are looking great, practicing breathing, and getting big. Our little boy is measuring just about right on for a baby at 34 weeks gestation. He is 5 lbs 1 oz now. Our little girl is a few days small for a baby at 34 weeks gestation. She is 4 lbs 15 oz now. Based on those measurements, it seems that these two will definitely be larger than Peyton and Maryam were when they were born. I can't wait to meet them!

I think I've reached the miserable stage now. I know every day the babies stay in my womb is better for them, so I'm really trying to stay positive and just take it one day (sometimes one hour) at a time. I'm really feeling stretched and stuffed, and I'm having a hard time catching my breath all the time. I'm starting to recognize a few of the signs that my body is getting ready for labor (besides Braxton Hicks contractions), but who knows how long I have to go. If these babies are born at the same time as Peyton and Maryam were, I just have to make it to this Thursday. But my doctor thinks they will go at least one week longer. We shall see!

4 comments:

Amz said...

I know you are uncomfortable, but you make it look so easy! What a wonderful miracle! Hang in there just a bit longer.

madbug said...

You look amazing Lydia! I can't believe how small you are for caring for two babies! I am excited to meet them. Let me know if you need anything.

Sarah E said...

Where are those babies? I can't believe they aren't here yet! Love you!

Alli said...

The end is so hard, but it'll be worth it to have those babies born healthy and strong. I can't wait to meet them too!