Sunday, July 11, 2010

Recently Finished Projects

I was on a bit of a sewing kick and was able to finish several projects. I mentioned a couple of these before, but didn't post pictures until the packages had arrived to their recipients. Here are the fruits of my labors. I still have several projects I want to complete before the babies are born, but somehow my sewing always includes time on my floor for measuring, cutting, pinning, etc., and getting up and down from the floor is progressively harder these days. We'll see if I get anything else done . . . .

Car Seat Cover Ups

I made these for myself. I'm excited to be able to cover my babies so strangers can't just reach in whenever they want. These seem to be quite helpful when the baby is asleep, too.



Baby Quilts

The girl quilt was for my friend Cami who just had her first baby girl. (She already has three boys.) I think this is my favorite girl quilt so far.

The boy quilt was for my brother and sister-in-law, who are expecting their first baby - a boy - at the end of this month. I can't wait to meet my newest nephew!

Nursing Covers
This nursing cover is for me. I'm not sure it will be practical for nursing twins simultaneously, but at least I can use it when I need to pump in the car.





This nursing cover was for my sister-in-law, along with the baby boy quilt pictured above.





Well, that's enough projects for now. Still on the To Do list are some curtains, sleeves for a couple dresses I found on clearance for Maryam, more baby quilts/blankets to give as gifts, and a lot of scrapbooking. I think I better start prioritizing!

3 comments:

Mills Medley said...

Good Golly you are talented!!!! I need someone to teach me I want to learn so bad :0) LOVE the patterns

Tara said...

You are amazing! Love the material you picked for the car seat covers and nursing covers! So talented!

Sarah E said...

You are amazing! I keep starting projects that get interrupted and never finished! I love the paisleys!

PS are the quilts from kits or patterns?