Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Projects

Here are some pictures of the projects I made as Christmas presents. I had so much fun! I haven't really done any crafting for a couple of weeks, and I'm in withdrawal. I need to get a couple of baby quilts done ASAP and I've got a project to do this week for a friend who just lost a brother. (That's a story for another post.) Anyway, I'll be back in the saddle this week!



These actually weren't Christmas presents. I made throw pillows for the couch and chairs in our living room.



A wood crafting project for my sister Sarah's gift. I found the idea on one of the crafty blogs I follow online. These tured out much larger than I anticipated, and I love them. Now I really need to go visit my sister so I can see them in her house!



Bags I made as Christmas gifts for my sister and niece. This was my first time making any type of bag. They turned out much better than I anticipated. And they were so easy that I'm thinking of making some more.

These are my twins modeling their Christmas pajamas. I intended to make matching pajama pants for all of us (including Tobin and me). The day after I finished the pants for the twins, Maryam saw the picture on the front of the pattern and requested a nightgown instead. I wasn't really prepared to make a nightgown, but I decided to do what I could with the fabric I had. The next morning when she saw the nightgown she was not impressed. The picture on the pattern shows lace on the nightgown; this was what she really wanted -- something frilly and girly. (She really is my daughter!) I explained that I wasn't prepared to make that, so I had to just use what I had. She decided she could get along with what I made, and wore the nightgown all day long that day. Because of that little development, I ended up not having enough fabric to make pajama pants for Tobin and me. Let's just say, Tobin was not disappointed. In fact, I think he was relieved that he doesn't have to humor me by wearing some funky bright green PJs with penguins on them.

3 comments:

Tobin said...

Yes, I am very releaved! Proud of your great work though honey!

Kirsty said...

Wow Lydia, you are so talented. Great job!

Unknown said...

Lyd--

I want to hear more about the Elkins Candlestick project. I bought most of the supplies to makes some of my own...but would love some pointers for making the process go smoothly!!

Robin