Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good Friends Make the Difference

I'm so thankful for all of you, especially those who commented on my previous post. And I'm thankful for my friends here in California who I see regularly--I don't think they know about or read my blog. Anyway, the past two or three weeks have been really difficult. Trials and emotional struggles . . . . Your kind words and encouragement have really helped me turn the corner away from depression and despondance. It's so nice to know that I have people to rely on who can help to lift me up. And it's also incredibly comforting to know that I'm not the only one who struggles when I fall short.

In every situation in life, I can find something to be grateful for. I truly believe that. Thank you for helping me remember the good things I have and avoid focusing on the negative things that will last only for a moment. You are all fabulous! I hope you realize your beauty and worth.

I'm also incredibly grateful for the technology we have that makes it possible to keep in touch easily and quickly, even though we are so far away. Thanks, Stacie, for getting me to start a blog and Facebook! I feel much more connected with my friends and family than I have in a long time. That is a wonderful blessing!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Amen!

Cami said...

I hear ya! Here's to great friends - old and new!